Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Blog Manifesto


I’m contributing to a group blog project for the month of December.  Since this implies more eyes will be upon my writings I figured a minor blog manifesto would be in order.
 
What I am not about: anger and angst, vitriol spewing, chest thumping or victory dancing. 

To be sure, I am no saint but it’s not my intention to contribute to the vortex of mayhem and intimidation.  Do we not get enough of this on the highway? 

I am interested in how people come together, working together to create something, everything.  I know we all need our private moments but I believe it’s gone to excess with the age of consumerism.  I think we’re more isolated than is healthy.  We’re social creatures!  It’s transcendental to get together with a group for travel, music, sightseeing, food and drink and chit-chat, and of course, work. 

Why are we all sitting alone in our cars or in our portable electronic sensory deprivation pods?  I don’t want to hang out with everybody but being alone has got its limits.  My observation is that we’re easier to market to when isolated from the herd and constantly distracted.

I will go on and on about how the single-occupant vehicle has ruined America and will apologize to anyone who takes offense.  No offense is intended.  We are bigger and better and far more complex than our giant vehicles can represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment