Monday, December 3, 2012

Who Would I Be if I Wanted to Meet Myself?


I’ve already met some of the people I longed to be introduced to.  It’s amazing how people can be easy to approach if you’re able to avoid deer in the headlights or drooling (remember to close mouth).

Meeting heroes has propelled me into a zone I knew existed: a realm of humility and gratitude.  The pattern has repeated often enough to stand out as a rule: If I keep my eyes open and limit the blah-blah we can achieve a plateau of harmony, a little equilibrium of status quo.  Remember to exit before it turns weird.

I want to stay in the humble zone.  I’ve found that there are fabulous people who want that too. 

Occasionally people want to meet me!  This is so hard on my tiny, peanut-sized brain.  Noooooo, ego!  Stay in check, you bloated dingleberry.

The best reason for someone to want to meet me is if I’ve done them some kindness, been patient when I could have been a short-fused bastard.  It’s not unusual.  No one would think it strange if I took the opportunity to prove myself a short-sighted narrow-minded mother’s little hypocrite.  That’s what men in positions of power do to prove they are on top and you are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment